This is really more of a technique than a recipe. Change the type of fish and the mix of seasonings with whatever you like or have on hand.
- 1 pound mahi mahi/tlapia/swordfish – whichever you prefer, fresh or frozen and thawed
- Seasoning – taco/cajun/fajita/salt & pepper
- 8 tortillas
- your favorite taco toppings – salsa, cabbage, cheese, and cilantro shown
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel. Cut into 1 inch strips with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle each side of the fish with seasoning,
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium high heat. Spritz with cooking spray.
- Place fish in a single layer on the griddle or in the skillet, do not overcrowd.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Assemble with your favorite taco toppings; sour cream, lettuce, cheese, salsa, etc.
- Makes approximately 8 tacos.